- Licensing period (on monthly basis): minimum 1 month, maximum 12 months.
- The owner shall provide a valid third party risks insurance policy or certificate of insurance issued by an authorized insurer in accordance with the Merchant Shipping (Local Vessels) (Compulsory Third Party Risks Insurance) Regulation showing compliance with the minimum amount of insurance cover for the vessel concerned (not applicable to non-mechanically propelled vessels which do not exceed 4 metres in length overall). Details of ancillary vessels, if any, shall be listed in the third party risks insurance policy or the certificate of insurance submitted. Information on authorized insurers is available at District Marine Offices.
- If any person(s) is/are employed in any capacity on board the vessel, the owner should produce a valid employees' compensation insurance policy issued in accordance with the Employees' Compensation Ordinance.
- The owner may apply for renewal of the operating licence within two months before the expiry date.
- In case of any change in the particulars of the certification of ownership, the owner shall notify the Director of Marine in writing with necessary document and information for enabling the verification of the change, and pay the prescribed fee (if applicable).
- Each owner's correspondence (dated within the recent 6 months) showing the owner's name and address with owner's signature.
- If the carrying capacity (including crew) of a vessel licensed under Class IV is more than 14 persons, an additional fee of $165 per person in excess of 14 is charged in pursuant to the Merchant Shipping (Local Vessels) (Fees) Regulation.
- The appropriate licence fee as prescribed under the Merchant Shipping (Local Vessels) (Fees) Regulation. Only PPS, Visa/Mastercard/JCB and Union Pay are accepted as payment method for this application in eBS.