Terms and Conditions
- The following are the terms and conditions ("the Terms and Conditions") for the use of Ship Registration, Cargo/Passenger Ships Services provided by the Marine Department's Electronic Business System ("the eBS"). The Marine Department agrees to provide services of the eBS and you, as the user of the eBS, agree to use the services of the eBS in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
- The eBS is a website of an online service delivery platform on which its user may use any of the services provided therein in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
- Procedures may be provided for the use of any of the services from time to time as the Marine Department sees necessary. Notwithstanding anything provided herein, the Marine Department may add, modify, suspend and/or terminate any services and any procedures for the use of such services without giving any prior notice to any user.
- You agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions relating to the use of the eBS by putting a tick for the declaration and clicking the "Continue" button at the end of the Terms and Conditions.
- The system will record all your information, including Registered Email Address and Mobile Number, once you have completed the Create New Passcode Account in the eBS. An Application Passcode will be sent to your Registered Email Address and Mobile Number. You may access the eBS by using your Registered Email Address and Application Passcode.
- You agree to keep confidential your Application Passcode from the eBS and you will not transfer the Application Passcode to any other person. You understand that the Application Passcode is issued to you exclusively, any transaction made and/or service used by logging into the eBS by the Application Passcode will be considered as authorized and signed electronically by you; unless you can provide evidential proof to the Director of Marine to his full satisfaction that the transaction made and/or services used are not done by you, and not caused by any of you intentionally and/or negligently.
- In case you forget the Application Passcode, you may click the "Forget Application Passcode" link in accordance with the procedure provided in eBS
- You expressly acknowledge and agree that the Marine Department shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages) resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service in eBS; (ii) loss of the passcode or any unauthorized use of the passcode; or (iii) any other matter relating to the services provided through eBS.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. You acknowledge and agree that any claim or actions you might have against us shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- Where a comparison of the Chinese version of the Terms and Conditions and its English version discloses a difference or inconsistency of meaning the, the English version shall prevail.
Personal Data Collection Statement
- Purposes of Collection
- Classes of Transferees
- Access to Personal Data
The personal data provided by means of this form will be used by the Marine Department for the following purposes:
(a) activities relating to the processing of your application in this form;
(b) facilitating communication between the Marine Department and yourself;
(c) for any other legitimate purposes as may be required, authorized or permitted by law;
(d) limited personal data of successful applicants may be used via the Marine Department's Internet web site for verification of the issued certificate by any third party; and
(e) for statistics and research purposes on the condition that the resulting statistics or results will not be made available in a form which will identify the data subjects.
It is obligatory for you to supply the personal data as required by this form. If you fail to supply the required data, your application may be refused.
The personal data you provided by means of this form may be disclosed to other Government Bureaux and Departments for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 1 above.
You have a right of access and correction with respect to personal data as provided for in Sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Your right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of your personal data provided by this form.
Enquiries concerning the personal data collected by means of this form, including the making of access and correction, should be addressed to:
i. Ship Registration Services Officer-in-charge Ship Registration Services Section Marine Department 3/F, Harbour Building 38 Pier Road, Central Hong Kong
ii. Services for Cargo Ships Officer-in-charge Cargo Ships Safety Section Marine Department 24/F, Harbour Building 38 Pier Road, Central Hong Kong
iii. Services for Passenger Ships Officer-in-charge Passenger Ships Safety Section Marine Department 24/F, Harbour Building 38 Pier Road, Central Hong Kong